- What We Do
- What is an Opportunity Zone?
- Plan Reviews
- Public Hearings Schedule
- City of Kelso Unified Development Code
- Planning Commission
- The next Planning Commission Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 6:00 PM.
- *** Guidelines for Outdoor Restaurant Seating During COVID-19 ***
- Shoreline Master Program Update
- The Planning Department is primarily responsible for the coordination and approval process for all proposed land development, and is also involved in a number of special projects and long-term land use planning activities.
- The department tracks statistical information such as population estimates and other relevant demographic information.
- The department performs inspections of and enforces the Critical Areas ordinance and Shoreline Master Program requirements and responds to general zoning and planning inquires.
- The department also provides staff support to the city of Kelso Planning Commission, serving as a liaison between the Commission, and the City Council and the public.
- Have you recently sold a piece of property and now have to pay capital gains tax? Are you looking for a way to defer these taxes? Consider investing in an Opportunity Zone.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017. The Opportunity Zone program was included in that act, which was designed to provide tax incentives to investors who fund businesses in underserved communities.
- Investors are able to defer paying taxes on capital gains that are invested in Qualified Opportunity Funds that in turn are invested in distressed communities designated as Opportunity Zones by the governor of each state. Up to 25 percent of the low-income census tracts in each state can be designated as Opportunity Zones.
- More Information - If you have additional questions go to the Washington Department of Commerce website, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. or contact Sarah Lee at 206.898.2025.
|PROJECT TITLE||APPLICANT||SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS||HEARING DATE & TIME|
|Youth & Family Link - Kelso Neighborhood Facility||Youth & Family Link||
|March 18, 2021, 3:00 PM|
|Catlin Elementary - Temporary Site||Kelso School District||CUP# LUA2021-0005 & SEP21-001||March 31, 2021, 3:00 PM|